Theater: People, Planet, Profit,
April 30 – May
In person: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Through live webcast
and Google+ collaboration: anywhere
in the world
Welcome the central hub for online participation in the Sustainability in Theater Conference.
- Technical support throughout the Conference: 612-227-2046
- Digital archive of conference presentation and reference materials in Google Documents collection
- Link to Day 1 QwikCast Webcast of proceedings. You will need a password to access the Webcast. If you are registered as an online attendee, that password was emailed to you on Saturday April 28th. If you have lost the password call our technical support number above.
Below are links to Google+ Hangouts, one for each of the sessions on Day 2 of the conference. Times listed are Central Minneapolis time.
These links each go to the Google+ Host for that session. As each session begins, on that host's page you will see the Hangout listed at the top of their page. It will say something like, "Hang out with Center for Sustainable Practice in the Art," or "Hang out with Alicia Wold." Click the blue "Hang out" button to join.
- NOTE: We're having a little bit of technology challenge, we'll hopefully start the first session of the day at 9:15!
- 9:15 a.m. D2-1 Sustainable Thinking: Integrating sustainability into your mission and culture
- NOTE: We're running a little behind ... 11:00 sessions will start around 11:15!
- 11:15 a.m. D2-3A Zero Waste: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle in every part of your operations
- 11:15 a.m. D2-3B Sustainable Art Making: Ideas for reducing carbon impact on your community while increasing artistic impact on your audience
- 11:15 a.m. D2-3C Messaging: Telling the story and making the case for sustainability with your leadership, staff, audience, granters, and donors
- 1:15 p.m. D2-4A Sustainable Materials: Greener sourcing for everything you buy, from lumber to paint, from paper to packaging, from cleaning to shipping
- 1:15 p.m. D2-4B Sustainable Administration: Big-picture thinking and innovations in management, business models, and audience development
- 1:15 p.m. D2-4C The Other Green, Money: Funding sources, cost reduction, and creative financing
- 3:00 p.m. D2-6 Energy! Measuring your impact, reducing your load
- 4:00 p.m. D2-7A Greener Gear Demo: New technologies, and how and when to use them
- 4:00 p.m. D2-7B Greener Facilities: Getting the most from your building
- 4:00 p.m. D2-7C Greener Stagecraft: Scenic, prop and costume design/build/store strategies for small and nomadic companies interested in cooperative reuse
- 5:15 p.m. D2-8 Collective Conclusions
Presented by Minnesota Theater Alliance and the Twin
Cities Sustainable Theatres Group, in partnership with the Center for Sustainable Practices in the Arts and Theatre Communications Group. Hosted by Brave New Workshop. Conference satellite hosts and partners: Theatre Communications Group, NY; L.A. Stage Alliance, CA; York University, Toronto; Fractured Atlas, NY. With support from Sustainability Associates and the Alliance for Sustainability. Webcasting by QwikCast. Graphic design by Kelsye A. Gould.
Conference Task Force
John Bueche, Bedlam Theatre
Leah Cooper, Minnesota Theater Alliance
Kat Duvic, Brave New Workshop
Erin Farmer, Brave New Workshop
Ian Garrett, Center for Sustainable Practice in the Arts
Todd Hintz, Guthrie Theater
Elena Imaretska, Brave New Workshop
Ellen Jones, Bemidji State University
Jenna Papke, Minnesota Theater Alliance
Jill Underwood, Guthrie Theater
Alicia Wold, CostumeRentals
Special thanks to our amazing
staff and volunteers
Kelsye A. Gould
Special thanks to John Sweeney and Jenni Lilledahl for donating the Brave New Workshop space through the Project 824 Program and to the Guthrie Theater for supporting their many staff members who took time off to help make this possible.